BPV2

For all naval matters throughout the North East region

BPV2

Postby Whickham » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:19 pm

B.P.V. 2 heading back to Palmers at Hebburn after trails having been converted from a landing craft to a Beach Protection Vessel.
She was built by Tees-Side Bridge & Engineering Co. Ltd. at Middlesbrough, launched 11/08/1941.
Completed as BPV2 & renamed LCF2 in 1942 (LCF being Landing Craft Flack)
Armed with 8 x 2pdr Pompoms and 4 x Oerlikons.
Lost, cause unknown, off Normandy beaches 17/08/1944.

BPV2.jpg
Photo courtesy of Kevin Blair
Dave
Whickham
 
Posts: 8308
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 9:10 pm
Location: Whickham, Gateshead

Return to Naval Shipping

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests