Planning application

Tyne shipping past and present

Planning application

Postby creemaster » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:34 am

So does this mean they won't be building on Smith's Dock site as it will be a danger to shipping as they enter/leave the port???
Regards
Graham

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/no ... s-15003757
creemaster

Re: Planning application

Postby Whickham » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:53 am

I despair.
Dave
Whickham

Postby northeast » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:04 am

Much easier for the baddies to stand on the Groyne at South Shields. Or take a room at the hotel. The councillors clearly don't know about that. Maybe they should have an exclusion zone for at least a mile inland?
northeast
Site Admin

Postby creemaster » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:46 am

A mile inland George would tke out all the new houses that have been built around Albert Edward Dock, Wet n Wild, Royal Quays shopping outlet on the north side
South side most of South Shields town centre.
I dispair too and shake my head because we have had this rush for riverside living as a lifestyle choice and further up at Newcastle we have all these luxury appartments and blue chip office blocks. Oh and the river cruises berth there.
So what is to stop the baddies stealing a boat. The Spanish took AGMAR 1 ex SIR JOHN SNELL out in the dead of night and no one knew about it till dawn
Regards
Graham
creemaster

Postby Tynesider » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:56 pm

They don't exactly know what the words 'Affordable living' means, cheapest one left by the marina locks is £315.000 and guess who the builders are
The same as the planning application :D

http://www.cussins.com/development/nort ... ward-dock/
Mike
Archivist for the Colvic Watson Owners Group
Tynesider

Postby magoonigal » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:40 pm

Well!! Considering the previous comments. I think it makes perfect sense to turn the planning application down. Yes, there are other developments just as near the River, but they are not next to a commercial berth. These flats would be less than 100m away from the riverside. If in the future the Port of Tyne wished to develop a Cruise Terminal, they would be prevented from doing so by the flats.
I'm not sure I would like to live in a flat where you could not open the window, be very frustrating for photography as well.
The Cruise berth at Sete is very close to blocks of flats and its a bit of an invasion of privacy to be able to look directly into people's homes. I might also be a wee bit worried by a bold matelot with an itchy finger pointing a machine gun at me.

Now if they had designated the land for Port Development, would this have caused such a rumpus????
Paul Hood. + WSS Tyneside Branch Hon Sec.
magoonigal

Return to The Tyne