SARAH LYNN R (HL 17)

Re: SARAH LYNN R (HL 17)

Postby hartlepoolmonkey » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:44 am

SARAH LYNN.jpg
SARAH LYNN arriving in port yesterday morning.
Stan Laundon
hartlepoolmonkey

Re: SARAH LYNN R (HL 17)

Postby Hornbeam » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:51 pm

I thought that edible marine species were off the Menu at the moment due to what appears to be an environmental problem around the Teesbay area, the cause of which is in dispute by the Fishermen.
Chris Rea's ( no h ;) )song "Steel River" may well have captured the cause all those years ago when the song came out which I understand the Fishermen, their Reps and dare I say myself agree with, I do know of a chap who worked on the river and caught an infection and died because of it according to a relative of his whom I came across not that long ago. I was not there at the time so I only have their word about the sad incident.
During my time Gloves were worn if you had a repair to Deck equipment that had come into contact with spoil although there are some jobs where they can be a hinderence due to their thickness, these days of course you can you can get Gloves for dirty work that fit like a product no longer advertised on Formula One cars and I don't mean Capstan Full Strength the RN's ciggie of choice but rolled in a paper with the 'Blue Line' (cough).
Hornbeam

Previous

Return to Fishing Vessels of Hartlepool