GRENAA DAWN

GRENAA DAWN

Postby hartlepoolmonkey » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:49 pm

GRENAA DAWN.jpg
GRENAA DAWN in Hartlepool Marina. I don't know much about this vessel only to say I understand she's originally from Grimsby. There's a small plaque on the bridge which has her name and Grimsby is mentioned.
Stan Laundon
hartlepoolmonkey

Re: GRENAA DAWN

Postby hartlepoolmonkey » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:56 pm

LADY KAY GRENAA DAWN.jpg
LADY KAY and GRENAA DAWN side by side in Hartlepool Marina.

See also: http://www.northeastmaritime.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=29589
Stan Laundon
hartlepoolmonkey

Postby Hornbeam » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:01 pm

Danish built possibly? judging by the shape of the Bow, nice conversion to an "Expedition Yacht" once you get rid of the smell of Fish, she looks well kept, cheaper living on a boat in the Marina than a house ashore I understand.
Hornbeam

Postby northeast » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:15 am

This type is (or was ) known in Hull and Grimsby as a 'snibbie', they are a Danish design and all had these blue hulls, usually skippered by Danes or second/third generation of Danes who had settled in the area.
Grenaa is a port on the east coast of Jutland.
northeast
Site Admin

Postby Hornbeam » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:42 am

I suspected that the first part of her name was a tribute to her Danish Builders but designs are copied in other Countries which is why I was a bit cautious, it does seem to be the case here judging by the interesting information you have put forward George, it's good to see that people are prepared to put money into a vessel to keep up a tradition (Blue Hull etc)
Any idea where she was built?
Hornbeam

Postby Hornbeam » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:35 pm

Took the Son in Law back to his ship this morning and managed by fluke to get on the Fish Quay with the car to photograph the Crane Barge moored opposite, getting off the Quay was a bit of a problem as I had to get hold of someone with an Electronic Fob to open the gates. Had a look around the Marina and found there are two of these vessels, this vessel and a smaller version, more or less the same design and Hull colour!
Hornbeam

Return to Fishing Vessels of Hartlepool