HAMILTON TRADER

HAMILTON TRADER

Postby MadMaxLab » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:33 am

Launched 23/7/1959

Renamed: 73 ELPETROIL - 73 ITHAKI SAILOR - 81 DANIEL - 82 DANIEL-1 - 83 GEORGIOS S.

BU Chittagong 12.7.87 [Khalil & Sons]

HAMILTON TRADER   16-8-1969.jpg
Fawley 16/8/1969
Peter C
MadMaxLab
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:43 am
Location: SUNDERLAND

Re: HAMILTON TRADER

Postby Dennis Maccoy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:22 pm

Pacific Trading Company's Hamilton Trader heading up the Tyne on 15 September 1970.
Hamilton Trader, 15 September 1970_1.jpg
Regards, Dennis.
Dennis Maccoy
 
Posts: 2090
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 7:37 pm
Location: South Shields

Re: HAMILTON TRADER

Postby magoonigal » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:16 pm

Tanker.
12,718 Gross. 18,800 Dwt. 7,352 Net.
560 ft x 72 ft.
Yard Number 372 by Blyth Dry Docks and Shipbuilding Co Ltd.
7 cy Sulzer by George Clark and North Eastern Marine (Sunderland) Ltd.

Built for the Trader Line Ltd and registered with them until 1962 when she came under the ownership of the Pacific Trading Co Ltd of Hamilton, Bermuda, Sold out 1973.

Both Trader Line Ltd and Pacific Trading Co Ltd are listed C/O Moller Line (UK) Ltd. Plantation House, Fenchurch St, London and guess who owner Blyth DD............ Moller's!

However this was not the Danish Company, they were A P Moller. This Moller was formed in 1935 and based in Hong Kong.
The Pacific Trading Co Ltd was formed in 1962, but by 1972 they were in Voluntary Liquidation, hence the sale.

Blyth Dry Docks were also listed as being the owner of a similar Tanker, BLYTH ADVENTURER.
Paul Hood. + WSS Tyneside Branch Hon Sec.
magoonigal
 
Posts: 4907
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 9:57 pm
Location: Blyth.

Re: HAMILTON TRADER

Postby michaelp » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:21 am

340a.jpg


Hamilton Trader moving to berth at the oil Jetty at Heysham October 1966.
The tug is Ramsden of Brish Transport Commision

Michael
michaelp
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:46 pm

Re: HAMILTON TRADER

Postby northeast » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:44 am

Interesting as RAMSDEN was British Transport Docks Board from 1963 so should have had their 'bollard' funnel here. I first saw her at Heysham in 1960 and have an idea she may have been retained there to work with the local Fisher tugs, so that might have delayed her re-painting.

http://shippingandshipbuilding.uk/view. ... el=RAMSDEN
Cheers, George
northeast
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5531
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 5:13 pm
Location: East Yorkshire


Return to Shipbuilding at Blyth

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests