ALTENAVI

Shipping around Hull

Re: ALTENAVI

Postby Hornbeam » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:57 pm

I suppose she could be re-routed to another beach depending on scrap prices. Who are or were her Owners until this possible last voyage as there seems to be a lot of concern about vessel's being sold on just before their last voyage to the Breakers.
Hornbeam

Postby Hornbeam » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:04 am

Just to expand on my previous comment, it would appear that German Shipowners take the lead and are particularly guilty of disposing of their unwanted tonnage through other "Pop Up" Companies for scrapping with undesirable Breakers in order to flout E.U. Rules. Although Turkey is not considered to be home to these undesirable Companies, it will be interesting to see where this vessel does end up if she gets there at all ;)
Hornbeam

Postby Patrick Hill » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:39 am

A lot of the scrap exported from Hull goes to the neighbouring port of Nemrut Bay - she may be heading there rather than Aliaga. As she appears to be doing a steady 8knts it may take a while for us to find out.
Rgds

Patrick
Patrick Hill

Postby Hornbeam » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:48 pm

I can understand that logic Patrick unload the scrap at Nemrut Bay along with the Discharge of her Crew, take onboard the coasting/ scrapping Crew for the short trip to the Beach. No emotional farewells from her normal Crew when she is driven up onto the Beach. Sounds weird I know but watching H.M. War Canoe's with some superb War Records going to the Scrappie brought a lump to the throat :cry: Ron@?
Hornbeam

Postby Patrick Hill » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:03 pm

Just to confirm Ron, in no way is it certain she is heading for the beach - just my speculation taking into account her age, she may well live a while longer yet :)
Rgds

Patrick
Patrick Hill

Postby Hornbeam » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:10 pm

Patrick, I will put the box of tissues aside shall I. But still mourn the passing of most of this style of vessel with a decent Rig and settle for vessels carrying " little boxes made of ticketacky" on huge vessel's running like buses on timetables, I won't mention trains as I understand timetables are a Mystery these days although barring for the Father Christmas Run with the Grandchildren on the North Yorkshire I have not been on a train for years. Ron@?
Hornbeam

Postby Patrick Hill » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:20 pm

Berthed today at Nemrut Bay - will keep an eye on her to see where she heads to next.
Rgds

Patrick
Patrick Hill

Postby Hornbeam » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:50 pm

Should I put a two way bet on Patrick.?I would be interested to hear if she escapes the Gas Axe and lives to sail another day. Thank You. Ron@?
Hornbeam

Postby Patrick Hill » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:51 am

Well it looks like she's escaped the breakers torch for the moment, appears to be heading to the Sea of Marmara or the Black Sea.
Rgds

Patrick
Patrick Hill

Postby Hornbeam » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:03 pm

Thank You Patrick, her Rates must be cheap :)
Hornbeam

PreviousNext

Return to Hull and Paull