SMS sold

Shipping around Hull

SMS sold

Postby Patrick Hill » Fri May 24, 2024 12:05 pm

Rumour is that Boluda have bought SMS - watch this space...
Rgds

Patrick
Patrick Hill

Re: SMS sold

Postby Patrick Hill » Fri May 24, 2024 3:14 pm

We are delighted to announce that Boluda Towage has signed an agreement with the British company SMS Towage Limited for the acquisition of the latter. The signing ceremony took place in Hessle (Hull) today.

▶ The acquisition involves taking over the harbour & offshore towage services and marine operations, together with the management, office staff, crew, and fleet, based in the United Kingdom.

▶ The broader presence in the UK is a further step towards strengthening Boluda Towage’s global network and connecting its activities in the UK.

▶ With its high-quality services, diverse fleet of tugs, and adaptable approach, Boluda Towage responds flexibly to its customer’s needs and the requirements of its business partners.

Vice President executive Boluda Towage, Mr. Vicente Boluda Ceballos, added: “The strong local team, with highly engaged colleagues, will bring a lot of experience and expertise to our company. Having exciting times ahead of us we certainly intend to deploy SMS Towage’s professional crews and experienced employees on future projects”.

Commenting on the sale, SMS Towage owner Paul Escreet stated: “I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to the entire team for their unwavering dedication and hard work while working within SMS Towage. The team has been the backbone of our success, and I am confident that under Boluda's ownership, SMS Towage will continue to thrive.”

hashtag#boludatowage hashtag#smstowage hashtag#boludatowagesms hashtag#acquisition hashtag#towage hashtag#uk hashtag#globalnetwork hashtag#leading hashtag#maritime hashtag#shipping hashtag#sustainable hashtag#tugowneroftheyear
Rgds

Patrick
Patrick Hill

Postby northeast » Fri May 24, 2024 5:17 pm

The owners will have made a well-earned profit from it. Unfortunately we may now lose those MAN names which have been so long a part of Hull's maritime heritage.
northeast
Site Admin

Postby Patrick Hill » Fri May 24, 2024 5:51 pm

Maybe just get VB added like some of the other take overs?
Rgds

Patrick
Patrick Hill

Postby Hornbeam » Fri May 24, 2024 7:07 pm

T.U.P.E. Card Played?
Hornbeam

Postby Hornbeam » Sat May 25, 2024 1:43 pm

Had a look at the profile of the new outfit to determine how many vacancies they have, not that I am looking for a job at my age just interested in the positioning of them, seems to me they want Snake Charmers who understand the “Python”the Engineers need to be “Minimaal Gelding” which seems to be a bit much. :o
He/ She thing these days is a bit confusing we used to have Actresses now they are all Actors.

Correction = should read “Minimaal Geldig.
Hornbeam

Postby northeast » Sat May 25, 2024 5:10 pm

Spanish outfit, Ron2, you seem like a man who knows his onions :D
northeast
Site Admin

Return to Hull and Paull