STAINSBY

Re: STAINSBY

Postby Hornbeam » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:34 am

I wonder where the "h" came from? To much Bailey's in my coffee I suspect or could it be from rheumatoid arthritis something I suffer from unfortunately after a lifetime of riding motorbikes in all weathers. Unfortunately I can't recall a Rea's Cafe in Redcar but I do remember going on the Dommie 88 to a Cafe on the Esplanade overlooking the sea with my late Wife on pillion when we were courting and I had to rub her feet because they were so cold that was over 60 years ago. The joys of motorcycling :D Always went and had a look at that particular boat N.E. she is still waiting for me to win the Lottery!
Stainsby Boys School was the old Hugh Bell School before it moved to the new school at Acklam, no idea now where the girls School came from.
Hornbeam

Postby teesships » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:00 pm

From a Facebook page:
chris rea - facebook copy.jpg

The funny thing is that it seems to be a Lanny's Ices van in the background!! Lanny's Cafe in Grangetown was just about as famous in this area!

Ron M
teesships

Postby Hornbeam » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:08 pm

From what I have seen on that great Fishing Show with Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse Chris is still a proper Boro lad and hasn't developed a mid English accent unlike some of our local actor lovies have :D
Hornbeam

Postby hartlepoolmonkey » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:26 am

Year's ago, before he was famous, Chris used to serve me in Rea's Coffee Bar opposite the shopping centre in Linthorpe Road on the corner of Grange Road.
Stan Laundon
hartlepoolmonkey

Postby Hornbeam » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:52 am

He did indeed along with the Girlfriend and later Wife of mine, if the cafe was full then it was up to Parkers up the road just past the Forbes building and opposite Matt Newton motorbike shop which was the main attraction. Happy Days :D
Hornbeam

Postby hartlepoolmonkey » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:25 pm

STAINSBY.jpg
STAINSBY arriving in port earlier this afternoon.
Stan Laundon
hartlepoolmonkey

Postby hartlepoolmonkey » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:50 pm

STAINSBY.jpg
STAINSBY arriving in port this morning.
Stan Laundon
hartlepoolmonkey

Previous

Return to Hartlepool Tugs and Port Craft