ARNOLD MAERSK

ARNOLD MAERSK

Postby teesships » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:45 pm

ARNOLD MAERSK, completed in March 1914 by Wm. Gray & Co. Ltd., at West Hartlepool, yard no. 840. Of 1966 gross tons, owned (naturally) by A.P. Moller of Copenhagen, Denmark, following the occupation of Denmark by Germany she was, on 10.4.1940 requisitioned by the Ministry of Shipping, and transferred to France where, in June 1940 she was seized at Bayonne by the Vichy French and subsequently renamed STE IRENE. In 1941 she passed into direct German control and became a total loss when going ashore 22.5.1943 at Grune aux Dardes, Nantes.

See also: http://www.teesbuiltships.co.uk/view.ph ... OLD+MAERSK

Photo from TEESSHIPS archives, origin unknown, but contributed by Dave Martin:
dmarnoldmaersk.jpg
Ron
teesships
 
Posts: 7621
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 7:47 pm
Location: Middlesbrough

Return to Shipbuilding at Hartlepool

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest