Harrisons of Amble.

Shipping from Berwick to Amble

Harrisons of Amble.

Postby magoonigal » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:40 pm

I was looking for something else the other day when I spotted a reference to Harrisons of Amble so I'm recording it here for the future!

Harrisons were Boat Builder's at Amble and my Mum's Family, the Sandersons married into the Harrison Family so there were links years ago.

H T Lenton in British and Empire Warships of the Second World War records that Harrisons Built FIVE Landing Craft Personnel. Details of the individual Craft are not recorded.
Paul Hood. + WSS Tyneside Branch Hon Sec.
magoonigal

Re: Harrisons of Amble.

Postby Tynesider » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:07 pm

magoonigal wrote:I was looking for something else the other day when I spotted a reference to Harrisons of Amble so I'm recording it here for the future!

Harrisons were Boat Builder's at Amble and my Mum's Family, the Sandersons married into the Harrison Family so there were links years ago.

H T Lenton in British and Empire Warships of the Second World War records that Harrisons Built FIVE Landing Craft Personnel. Details of the individual Craft are not recorded.

There was J &J Harrison at Amble not sure if if it is the same one and I am no expert on fishing boats but the Nicola Rebbeka had a fishing number of BH-201 (for Blyth) and is one of the larger Cobles built at the time and a cracking hull design.

The Nicola Rebbeka is the ex Margaret Kerr and was built in Amble in 1979 by J & J Harrison and decommissioned in 1997
Hope this is of interest

post-17-0-87414800-1372253723_thumb[1].jpg
Mike
Archivist for the Colvic Watson Owners Group
Tynesider

Re: Harrisons of Amble.

Postby magoonigal » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:33 pm

Cheers Mike.......

Every little helps!

The Maternal side of my family were the Sandersons and they infiltrated most of the Amble clans, including the Harrisons.
Paul Hood. + WSS Tyneside Branch Hon Sec.
magoonigal

Return to The Northumbrian Coast