Da Qiang

Shipping of Sunderland and the Wear

Da Qiang

Postby Whickham » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:05 am

DA QIANG leaving Sunderland with a Liebherr crane (or two). Don't remember taking this one (what a surprise) so I think it may belong to Sir Kevin of Hebburn. But I like ships with gear.
Da1.jpg

Da2.jpg

Built as: DA QIANG
Yard: Kawasaki, Sakaide
Year: 1998
Names:
End:
Fate:
Data courtesy of Miramar
Dave
Whickham

Re: Da Qiang

Postby northeast » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:28 am

Sir Kevin? .... you misheard, they said he was beknighted, not that he would be knighted :D
northeast
Site Admin

Postby tynebuoy » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:10 pm

Benighted:
Intellectually or morally ignorant, backward, primitive, crude and uncultivated. All my good points rolled into one word.

Sir Kevin of Hebburn Dipso, Alco and Sloshed. Sounds like a group from the 60's.

Photo: 10.11.2001.
tynebuoy

Postby northeast » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:36 pm

Dear me does it mean all that, I take it back!
Anyway your group is Wet Wet Wet.
northeast
Site Admin

Postby tynebuoy » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:12 pm

Worry not George, was called much worse than that in my days in the shipyards of the Tyne.
There's actually a French pop group called Benighted
Benighted was formed in Saint-Étienne, Rhône-Alpes, France, in May 1998 by vocalist Julien Truchan, guitarists Liem N'Guyen and Olivier Gabriel, drummer Fred Fayolle and bassist Chart. Their self-titled first album was self-released in 2000 and was a combination of death metal, black metal and grindcore. The following positive response earned the band a record deal with Adipocère Records in early 2001. During the 2001 recording sessions, Benighted moved towards a more technical form of death metal and released their second album, Psychose, in 2003. For the subsequent touring, Remy Aubrespin took over on bass.

The band entered studio in late 2004, without a bassist. After the 2004 release of Insane Cephalic Production, bassist Eric Lombard joined as a new member. Benighted subsequently toured throughout Europe with Morbid Angel, Deicide and Fear Factory among others.

Benighted released their fourth album Identisick in 2006 and Fayolle was replaced by Kevin "Kikou" Foley on drums. The band signed a new deal with Osmose Productions in 2007 and released Icon in October that year. In late 2009, Benighted signed to Season of Mist and released Asylum Cave in 2011. Truchan contributed guest vocals to 2011 album Global Flatline by Aborted. A music video for the song "Let The Blood Spill Between My Broken Teeth" was released in February 2012.
What the hell is death metal, black metal and grindcore when its at home, answers to old Wickham.
tynebuoy

Postby Whickham » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:01 am

Another photo of DA QIANG leaving Sunderland.

DaQ.jpg
Dave
Whickham

Return to The Wear