Steam Ship Domino. Built 1877 by Scheslinger and Davis

Enquiries about using the forum

Steam Ship Domino. Built 1877 by Scheslinger and Davis

Postby Brendan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:22 am

I am doing some research on the SS Domino that was built by Schlesinger and Davis at Wallsend on the Tyne and I am trying to find any drawings or even photos of the ship as my great grandfather served on it as the chief engineer whilst it was under the flag of the Spartan Chief Steamship Company of Liverpool in 1902. Any information would be greatly received. If anyone on the forum had relatives that served on this ship around this time again I would be very very pleased to hear from them. Brendan.
Brendan

Re: Steam Ship Domino. Built 1877 by Scheslinger and Davis

Postby Whickham » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:44 am

Hello Brendan & welcome

I suppose you have already seen: http://www.tynebuiltships.co.uk/D-Ships/domino1877.html

I haven't managed to find a photo yet either.
Dave
Whickham

Postby northeast » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:00 pm

Nothing for her in the Wilson Line book or in Old Ship Photos, will enquire with contact at Trieste to see if he might have one of her under her last name, as owned there.
northeast
Site Admin

Postby Brendan » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:09 am

Many thanks for the replies received so far to my enquiry about the SS Domino registered number 77466. Any help or ideas as to how I could find a picture or a drawing of the ship would be gratefully received and then I will be able to build up a picture of my great grandfathers life. Many thanks again. Brendan.
Brendan

Postby northeast » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:06 pm

Brendan, we have good 2 photos of her now as LUISA under her last Italian owners, waiting for permission to post on the internet.
northeast
Site Admin

Postby Brendan » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:20 am

Hi George! That is amazing news that you have found good photos of the steam ship Domino on which my great grandfather served as chief engineer and it would be really great if permission could be granted to get them posted on the internet. I know that my surviving aunts and uncles are really really pleased that I am doing this bit of research as neither they or my late mother ever saw the steam ship Domino even though the ship was much spoken about amongst family members. Many thanks again George and hopefully the pictures will be made available. Regards Brendan.
Brendan

Return to General User Information