EFORIE (MY FAVOURITE SHIP!)

EFORIE (MY FAVOURITE SHIP!)

Postby teesships » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:34 am

Some more views of the EFORIE from my collection. I trust the respective photographers are happy for me to include their work here but, if not, please let me know.
pheforie.jpg
Photo - Michael Drewery
1213eforie1.jpg
1213eforie2.jpg
The second of these two views taken at Malta is credited to Michael Lennon who I presume would also take the first view.
tsEFORIELOADINGINCONSTANTZA.jpg
A nice view of the EFORIE in her home port of Constantza. (modelism.com)
Ron
teesships

Re: EFORIE (MY FAVOURITE SHIP!)

Postby teesships » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:55 pm

teesships

Postby teesships » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:54 pm

A painting by my friend John Collins which hangs proudly on our study wall.
It would be in the late 1970s/early 80s that John kindly did this for me.
Unfortunately, we stopped corresponding around the turn of the century and I've not been able to trace what became of him.
He will be well into his late 80s if he is still around.

Anyway, many thanks John:
eforie painting.jpg
Ron M
teesships

Postby Hornbeam » Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:55 am

I can well understand why she is your favourite Ship! although when it comes to 'longevity' you couldn't beat No2 lovingly looked after by Theo when I did my Relief time on her she was a tribute to NE Marine Engineering although the Tank still marked for Whale Oil would be frowned upon today :o
Hornbeam

Postby Hornbeam » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:55 am

In the 1950's there used to be a number of these "Old Ladies" of this style making their way up the Tees filled with Iron Ore for the Steelworks just below Newport Bridge, Usually Greek Flagged and more or less on their last legs before meeting the ' Gas Axe' to be turned into medical instruments, one of these vessels was making its way slowly up River towards the Steelworks when it encounted one of TCC Dredgers that was dredging the corner near the Furness Yard, unfortunately the vessel steered on the wrong side of the Dredger (despite the correct signals being shown on the Dredgers Mast) hit the Dredgers ship to shore chains/wires slid along them and collided with the Dredger damaging her superstructure and turning her Port Side Wooden Clinker built Lifeboat into Matchwood.
The Hull strength of Wooden Lifeboats was based on how many coats of Paint the Wooden Hull had received over the years :).
Fortunately H&S has improved since then. :D
Hornbeam

Postby northeast » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:42 am

It's a very fine painting, Ron.
northeast
Site Admin

Return to Blumer