Bondicar - 1910

Bondicar - 1910

Postby Whickham » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:08 pm

The BONDICAR of Broomhill Collieries Ltd or Broomhill Steamships Ltd was built by Crown in 1910. Went Greek in 1947 becoming CHRYSSOULA then HELLENIC CHRYSSOULA. She ended her days at John Cashmore's yard at Newport in 1954.
Photo may be at Warkworth.

Photo copyright Northumberland County Council

Bondicar.jpg
Dave
Whickham
 
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 9:10 pm
Location: Whickham, Gateshead

Re: Bondicar - 1910

Postby magoonigal » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:29 pm

Correct!

Warkworth Harbour.
Paul Hood. + WSS Tyneside Branch Hon Sec.
magoonigal
 
Posts: 4672
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 9:57 pm
Location: Blyth.

Re: Bondicar - 1910

Postby magoonigal » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:34 am

Looks like one of the Companies other ships in the background and the Tug is probably the AYR which served from 1926 to 1947. She was built by Rennoldson in 1897. Details in Dave's Tyne Tugs Site.
Paul Hood. + WSS Tyneside Branch Hon Sec.
magoonigal
 
Posts: 4672
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 9:57 pm
Location: Blyth.


Return to Crown

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron