SMS TUGS

SMS TUGS

Postby TEESMAN » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:16 pm

SMS TUGS 140622a.JPG
Photo Michael Green
SMS TUGS at Port Clarence Inset Dock 14.06.22 (L-R) NOBLEMAN-MARKSMAN-ROMAN-GUARDSMAN
TEESMAN

Re: SMS TUGS

Postby northeast » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:39 pm

Old Mr. Crosthwaite must be turning in his grave!
northeast
Site Admin

Postby Hornbeam » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:25 pm

Absoflippinglutely still as they say "What goes around comes around" old Mr C saw off his competitors to gain his dominance on the Tees. There used to be a descendent of Robinsons working for the TCC who used to spit at their Base every time we sailed past or mentioned their name, same sort of lineup as they would use for publicity photographs, I knew Ian G their Eng Supt and young Richard C. till he fell out of the sky in a Powered Hangliding accident, the Company was never the same after his death.ff
Hornbeam

Postby northeast » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:16 pm

Now then, William Henry Crosthwaite and Charles William Robinson were the first managers of Tees Towing when it was set up in 1920, unfortunately 'Charlie' died just 3 years later, but left them with a wonderful tug named GEORGE ROBINSON (please don't spit!).
northeast
Site Admin

Postby Hornbeam » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:59 am

Hector only made the noise rather than the actual delivery of the filthy habit :) when I met him he was reaching Retirement from working, I say from working as ex TCC Employees seemed to live forever, I kept meeting a Chippie down the Town when I was home on leave years afterwards called John G who must have lived to his 90's.
The "Amalgamation" of the two Companies was of course before my time (for Amalgamation read a cheap way of taking over another Company rather than buying them out the cost is changing the letter heads which will be paid for by getting rid of Surplus Office Staff ;) )
Hector was a member of the Tees Robinson Family Tree (Rather than the Swiss :D ) and bore the surname, he worked on Tugs most of his Adult life and he did work for Crosthwaite at one time as he was involved on one of the Tugs when towing the Whale(s)
Hornbeam

Return to Tees Ship Towage (all companies)