WORLD SHIP SOCIETY AGM WEEKEND 2014

WORLD SHIP SOCIETY AGM WEEKEND 2014

Postby teesships » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:12 pm

We are delighted our Teesside Branch of the WSS is hosting this year's AGM at the Best Western Grand Hotel in Hartlepool, over the weekend 16-18 May 2014.
There will be a get-together on the Friday evening during which we will show a Powerpoint presentation about the local shipping scene past and present.
On the Saturday morning we have the use of a vintage bus (operated by The 500 Group) to transport us to the Heugh Battery in what is a significant centenary year in its history. After that we hope to have access to the Fish Quay in order to photograph any ships in port (unfortunately, such cannot be guaranteed!).
The AGM itself will be on the Saturday afternoon followed by an evening dinner.

Jimmy Poole, Hon. Secretary of the World Ship Society, is handling all bookings for this event (other than accommodation). However, I have copies of the forms and details he is now sending out so if any Forumite is interested please send me a private message accordingly.

Ron
teesships

Re: WORLD SHIP SOCIETY AGM WEEKEND 2014

Postby magoonigal » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:20 pm

Or contact your Local WSS Secretary who also has the appropriate Forms........
Paul Hood. + WSS Tyneside Branch Hon Sec.
magoonigal

Postby northeast » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:28 pm

Good to know the Heugh Battery will benefit, one of my (many) cousins and her husband are the Trustees of the charity that has it.
northeast
Site Admin

Postby teesships » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:20 pm

Over the next month the Teesside Branch committee will be preparing a Powerpoint presentation to be shown on the Friday evening of the AGM weekend. This will cover mainly Hartlepool, but also the full extent of our Branch area from Scarborough to (possibly) Seaham. (I'm checking with magoonigal Paul as to whether Seaham is Tyne Branch or Teesside Branch port!!)

It strikes me that there is a wealth of potential material, both historic and more recent, which has been displayed on NEM in the almost two years we have been running. Therefore, this is an open question as to whether Forumites will allow us to include any of their material posted on NEM, with appropriate acknowledgement of course?

If we do want to use specific photos then obviously I will try to contact the Forum member concerned for confirmation. However, in preparation for this, it will be helpful to have either specific agreement or otherwise from individual members via private messages through your own User Control Panel.

Thanks in advance,
Ron
teesships

Postby northeast » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:58 pm

Ron, I am happy for you to use anything I have posted, many of them are of unknown origin/copyright of course but doubt any issues in a PowerPoint for this purpose.
northeast
Site Admin

Postby Dennis Maccoy » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:04 pm

Good Evening Ron.

Please feel free to use anything that I've posted that is of interest.

Dennis.

(The PM system defeated me!)
Regards, Dennis.
Dennis Maccoy

Postby Whickham » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:46 am

Same for me and I'm sure my young friend from Hebburn won't mind either.
Dave
Whickham

Return to World Ship Society - Teesside