ABP Shipping List

A directory of useful internet resources

ABP Shipping List

Postby northeast » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:47 pm

Have been in contact with ABP re the Humber in-port list as a result of which a lot of probably non-existent vessels have been culled from it! So far so good. But efforts to get it into descending order of arrival have been frustrated as it seems to be set up to sort only by the 'day' figure, I suspect because the time is entered in the same column so that it's not just a date entry. Maybe we need to send Patrick round to sort them out!! ;)
northeast
Site Admin

Re: ABP Shipping List

Postby Patrick Hill » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:20 pm

They couldn't afford my hourly rate ;)

Joking aside, I applied 3 times for a job in the data centre (that I assume fills this data out) for arranging the pilots etc - thought I had a good chance but apparently a 'friend' of someone there got the job. Pretty glad now though as the 12 hour shifts are now based at Grimsby...
Rgds

Patrick
Patrick Hill

Postby Humbersmith1 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:47 pm

I wrote to ABP several months ago and listed the vessels that I knew had departed. Never got a response.

Simon
Humbersmith1

Postby Whickham » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:58 pm

Just to show that some ports listen to comments, I did manage to get Port of Tyne to make a change to their website.
They brought out a new site but had dropped the IMO number from the various lists of ships, expected, berthed, sailed etc.
I emailed the contact and got a rely from the Harbour Master. He asked me to state my case, so to speak, which I did.
After a couple of exchanges of emails he asked their IT department to re-instate the IMO number in the lists.
Which duly happened a few days later.
I was very pleasantly surprised.
Of course another 1000 important customers may have made the same request.
Dave
Whickham

Return to On-line resources