Smulders Projects at Wallsend

Tyne shipping past and present

Re: Smulders Projects at Wallsend

Postby northeast » Mon May 07, 2018 9:30 am

Over a year since this topic started Smuldering!
northeast
Site Admin

Postby creemaster » Thu May 24, 2018 1:13 pm

This news might mean that more jackets might be built on the Tyne. But not by Phil Collins. His 1980s album was No Jacket Required :lol:
Regards
Graham
CROWN ESTATE SCOTLAND DRAFTS NEW OFFSHORE WIND SEABED LEASE PLAN
Crown Estate Scotland has unveiled proposals to lease seabed to encourage a new generation of offshore wind projects in Scotland’s waters. The paper outlines the draft process and asks those interested to feed back to help shape the final approach. Projects will have to be sited in areas identified in Marine Scotland’s forthcoming Sectoral Marine Plan for Offshore Wind. Crown Estate Scotland – the public body that manages seabed leasing to help developers progress good projects – passes the money it makes from offshore renewables to Scottish Government for public spending. Currently there are two offshore wind projects operating (Robin Rigg, Hywind Scotland), two being built (Beatrice and the European Offshore Wind Deployment Centre) and some more due to start being built soon. This means that work needs to start now to ensure new projects are being built from late-2020s onwards. This proposed offshore wind leasing process aims to support supply chain development and sector innovation, create jobs and stimulate economic growth by: * Providing certainty and clarity to attract investment in a UK, European and global marketplace; * Being transparent, open and fair; * Stimulating competition and innovation; * Allowing early engagement with stakeholders. Early consultation has already taken place, recognising that how Scotland uses its energy assets – including seabed – impacts businesses, communities and consumers across the nation. John Robertson, senior Energy & Infrastructure manager at Crown Estate Scotland, said: “Using our seas to power Scotland is an important part of our economic and environmental well-being. To provide affordable, secure and clean energy, Scotland must continue to sustainably use its natural resources and grow the offshore wind sector.” The paper outlines a provisional design for a complete leasing package. The design aims to strike a suitable balance of allowing flexibility to developers, in a way which is acceptable to a wide range of stakeholders, while unlocking wider benefits. Following feedback on the Discussion Document, Crown Estate Scotland plans to launch its final leasing process late 2018 or early 2019. (Source: Subsea World News)

I guess that in this instance 'stakeholders' might be the appropriate word for once. Sorry but I do not 'reach out' or 'engage' with my 'partners'. I talke to my friends and fellow workers

Regards

Graham
creemaster

Postby Whickham » Fri May 25, 2018 8:05 am

I did hear on the grapevine that Smulders had lost an order for 120 jackets that they were confident of getting.
Dave
Whickham

Postby Whickham » Mon May 28, 2018 8:42 am

Smulders site with barge UR99 ready to go 28/05/2018

Smulders.jpg
Photo by Kevin Blair
Dave
Whickham

Postby creemaster » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:39 pm

See what happens after they leave the Tyne
Although this is from a video for a wind farm off the German coast I am sure the methodology is the same
Like Maureen Lipman said you got to have an ology
Regards
Graham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-8A_lElXxE
creemaster

Postby Whickham » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:22 pm

Smulders yard with barges UR93 & UR98 alongside 11/06/2018

Smulders.jpg
Photo by Kevin Blair
Dave
Whickham

Postby Whickham » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:20 am

Well, is this the end, or just an intermission?
Smulders yard 08/07/2018 and all gone.

Smulders.jpg
Photo by Kevin Blair
Dave
Whickham

Postby tynebuoy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:37 pm

Bremen Fighter took Greenbarge 2 loaded with the final base early on the 8th July.
tynebuoy

Postby Whickham » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:03 am

There is a rumour of a "jacket" to be built here later in the year.
Dave
Whickham

Postby Whickham » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:05 am

Rumour has it that Smulders big crane, used to lift the tops onto the bases, is to be dimantled.
Suggests there are no more wind turbine bases to be done.

Smulders-2.jpg
Photo by Kevin Blair
Dave
Whickham

PreviousNext

Return to The Tyne